Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thing 10: Online Productivity Tools

I have actually used Google Docs a few times at work since we were introduced to it in class.  It was a great way for my team and I to work on plans for our school wide theme for next year. 

I had never heard of Zoho Writer before I read Dr. Wilson's blog post.  After browsing around on Zoho the UI is much nicer than Google Docs in my opinion.  It also looks like there are a lot more options when it comes to collaboration with this website.  Zoho has a chat feature for instant messaging and a group chat tool.  I also noticed that it had a wiki with private and public groups.  Books can help an organization take care of their accounting needs and it looks like you can invite people to have access to the account.  I notice there were also places for a calendar, reports, and equivalents of Excel and PowerPoint.  I am definitely going to be playing around a little bit more on this site to see everything it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment