Monday, June 13, 2011

Thing 7: Image Generators


I actually used Wordle in my very first blog post. I created a "Life Long Learner" wordle when we posted our learning contracts. I love how you can change the font and colors of the wordle to fit your preferences.

I think WordSift is an AWESOME site. I would love to be able to paste in text from my students textbooks and figure out what the most important or most used words are. One of the coolest features of WordSift is ability to mark and sort different lists of words important to educators. WordSift has also integrated a few other functions, such as visualization of word thesaurus relationships (incorporating the amazing Visual Thesaurus® that we highly recommend in its own right) and Google® searches of images and videos.

I aslo wanted to check out Voki and had a lot of fun creating my character. You can check him out here. I was trying to post him to my blog but was having trouble logging into it from the voki website. Oh well! It was still a lot of fun. I think my kids would really enjoy making these in the computer lab next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment