Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Thing 9: Play with Wiki's

I think wiki's are a wonderful collaboration tool.  I would love to have one for my classroom, but it is all about finding the time to learn how to make it work best for me.  I think right now I am trying to learn too many new things, and a wiki is going to have to wait.  I loved getting on the Technology Poppers Wiki and reading some ideas that other people had.  After I left training classes yesterday I went up to my school and started talking with my current and former principal and a few teachers from various grade levels.  We actually got on the topics of using a wiki for teacher across the district to communicate great ideas or discuss road blocks they are running into in the various curriculums.  It was a great inital idea but I think it would take some work getting it off the group.  Then you would net a modirator to make sure the content stayed on topic.  One of the teachers actually mentioned a website that does something similar to this called Project Share Texas.  This website is a global online learning community where educators collaborate, share resources and showcase accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment