Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thing 6: RSS & Newsreaders

So I went to the website Bloglines that was recommended. I really like the UI and how easy it was to add different sites you wanted to follow. I also liked how you could make different tabs, I had one tab for education and news feeds and another tab set up to follow all of my classmates blogs. My frustration came when I was trying to figure out how to share my bloglines publicly. I tried following the directions listed on Dr. Wilson's blog with no luck. Then I even did a little bit of searching around on the bloglines site and looked for some answers on google. I still can't figure it out so I am giving up on it for now.

I have used Google reader before and actually prefer this site because I am already logged into Google for email and my blog. I also like that you can share only the items/article that you find interesting. The other thing I think is neat is that through Blogger I can add a widget to my blog which put my RSS feeds at the bottom of my page

Education Feeds
News Feed
Technology Feed
Texas Education Agency Feed

2 comments:

  1. I totally need to look into the Google reader. I was so frustrated the other day that I totally shut down and dissed all RSS feeds. I need to step back and try a different site. Thank you for your help and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing that I found that I really like is an app for my phone that puts all my RSS feeds together. Since I can't always be at my computer I am still able to keep up with the headlines that are being posted.

    ReplyDelete