Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thing 16: Facebook

Well I have been using Facebook since 2003...so I feel like a veteran, but it seems like every time I log on something changes.  I love Facebook!  I love being able to see what my friends are up to and what is going on in their lives.  I also like being able to connect with people I haven't seen in a long time.  I am actually friend with a group of girls that I met at Young Life camp when I was a junior in high school.  Something that irritates me though is how open some people are about the personal business.  Its like verbal vomit and I don't want or need to know that much about them (and these are adults).

As for using Facebook with student or parents - I don't necessarily want my current parents/students to be able to see all of my personal business or pictures.  Not that I post anything inappropriate on my page but I would hate for something to be misconstrued into something it isn't.  I have friended some of my former student parents that I formed a close relationship with.  I like to talk to them and keep up with some of my former students.  I wish I could create a "teacher" account where I could be friends with some of my former students.   I would love to be able to keep in touch with them and see what they are up to.  But since some people have inappropriate relationships with students this isn't really publicly acceptable.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you said about facebook, thats why I need to be careful what I post because it could be misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete