Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thing 2: Blogging

I have attempted to start a blog in the past and never gotten further than activating an account. I always hit a road block when it came to the title. The title says it all...and the description of the blog. I could never decide what my purpose was gong to be or what I wanted to write about. I guess you could say I had no vision. Being in this class I feel like I have a purpose for a blog. I think this experience will give me a little more confidence when it it comes to deciding what I wanted I want to blog about on my own. So I am excited to get this blog started!

Since I have attempted to set up a few blogs in the past I was familiar with how to do it so I did not have any problems getting this one created. I love using the backgrounds from www.shabbyblogs.com but often have the hardest time picking which one I actually want to use.

I did use some of the previous students blogs as guides for what to put on my own. On my first post I was stumped on how to start it off. After looking a few examples it came pretty easy. I think my biggest thing is its hard to think that someone else might want to read what I am thinking.

Image from http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/prawfsblawg/2005/06/how_blogging_ch.html

3 comments:

  1. Hailey,
    I am so impressed with what you have so far. I look at your blog pictures and text and think, ok I need to step it up a bit. Love that you constantly raise the bar. See you in class. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your set-up... teach me how to add the gadgets on the side without ads.

    ReplyDelete