Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thing 14: Podcasting

My first experience with podcasting was actually this year. I started going to a new church and they record all of their sermons (which I'm sure it not uncommon) and post them on iTunes and on their website as podcasts. So when I have to be out of town or am unable to make it to church I usually listen to the sermon to make sure I am caught up before the next Sunday.

I think podcasts would be a great way to communicate information with parents from events like open house or TAKS night. Since they can't always make it my partners and I could record our presentations and post them on our school website (or the website I'm building for my classroom). Then parents can listen and email us if they have any questions.

I would say that I could record my lessons but I don't think that my 5th graders would listen to it if they were absent. That might be a better idea for high school teachers.

As I was looking for information on podcasts I came across The Education Podcast Network. It is an effort to bring together into one place, the wide range of podcast programming that may be helpful to teachers looking for content to teach with and about, and to explore issues of teaching and learning in the 21st century.

I decide to subscribe to a podcast from NSTA called Lab Out Loud which is a biweekly podcast on science teaching, science news, and anything else with “science” in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment